A2B’s vibrant retro-pop infused sound blurs the lines of folk-rock,pop,blues,jazz and zydeco. Their lively show features well-crafted tunes and irresistible pop melodies. Singing about life’s travels, relationships and reappraisals, this roots quartet has a vintage vibe, tight harmonies and California flavor!
Sometimes loosely described as folk due to their instrumentation, the genre hardly begins to describe this Northern California band's distinctive sound. Their musical world evokes a nostalgic response as it draws from jazz, folk, blues, country, zydeco and beyond. A2B's lively songs invite listeners on a playful journey of relatable tales and everyday humanity. Their signature feel-good-happy-sad songs are just what you need!
- Our new video is underway and will debut Fall 2019 at the Sacramento Film & Music Festival.
- Indie Band Guru review
Ark of Music reviews The Devil's in the Details
Submerge Magazine issue #291:Interview with According to Bazooka
Radio feature on NPR's Insight, Sound Advice: shows you cant miss
Review of The Devil's in the Details:Indie Music Discovery Review
NPR includes our Tiny Desk video.
- Membership with West Coast Songwriters
- Nominated for two Sacramento Music Awards (SAMMIES): Best Singer Songwriter & Best Folk/Bluegrass
- Feature on KDRT radio - live broadcast at Armadillo with host Pieter Pastoor
- Third independent album release: "The Devil's in the Details"
Looking back over 2018:
- New CD underway with producer David Houston
- Richard Urbino was a finalist for the Watermelon music Singer-Songwriter Shootout.
- Tiny Desk video was included on the NPR website
- 2018 SAMMIES award nominee folk/bluegrass
- Selected to play Sacramento's First Festival
- Featured on ABC 10's Sac & CO
- Interview with The Arc of Music